Thursday, March 26, 2015

Final Post

Hey, this will be my last post. Overall I find this project productive. I say this because my end product is roughly 50 self portraits, and a newfound social media outlet where I can trade art. Who knows, if it wasn't for this project, maybe I would've painted Dan's (@da.ns on Instagram) portrait differently, and he would never have posted it. Therefore, my mini business wouldn't exist. Without this project I wouldn't have been able to explore this area of art and refine it. So  I consider this project extremely successful. I had my TED talk yesterday. that was... pretty big for me because I absolutely HATE public speaking. So to stand up there and talk about myself was extremely hard. Although I recall my actual speech being very short, I'm not going to tear myself apart because I'm very satisfied with the amount of questions I received. I'm looking forward to the future because this showed me that art is something that is basically second nature to me and now I learned that I can use this to my advantage. I'm also proud of the fact that I have pieces to add to my portfolio if I decide to go to an Art School in the next couple years. Therefore, this project was a VERY great thing for me. Thank you, 
-Matt

3 comments:

  1. Hey matt! Your Ted Talk was really great, I loved seeing all of your art. You're seriously so talented and it was really cool to see all you've done. Can't wait to see more of your art in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MADI I loved your talk, the magazine with Ximena was AMAZING, and what you said about the arts, I can totally relate. It's amazing to see a relationship between writing and photo, so your project was truly beautiful

      Delete
  2. Hi Matt. Your presentation was awesome! I agree with you about hating public speaking, it is something that we will both had to deal with. I am glad to hear that you are turning your talent into a business, that's a pretty cool skill to have.

    ReplyDelete